SCOPE OF WORKSHOPS
Following the success history of the workshops at the ICHI 2013 Conference in Philadelphia (PA), we cordially invite you to submit your workshop proposal to the IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI 2014) to be held in Verona on September 15th-17th, 2014.
Every workshop at ICHI 2014 can be half-day or one-day. It will be held as part of ICHI 2014. Topics should be relevant to healthcare informatics. We are particularly interested in the emerging topics that will draw attention from the community. A full list of current topics of interest in ICHI 2014 can be found at http://ichi2014.di.univr.it/partecipants/topics/.
Workshops are tentatively scheduled for Sept 17th, 2014. The ideal ICHI workshop proposal will focus on a timely and emerging topic, and be able to attract a number of interesting and high-quality contributions that spark discussions in an informal setting. The goal is to stimulate interactive conversations and inspire new research ideas in focused areas. The workshop organizers can determine the format that may include paper presentations, invited talks, and panels that will foster the interaction and discussion of the audiences.
The approved workshop organizers are responsible to invite and review submissions, decide the workshop program, and coordinate the workshop.
Each workshop proposal should include (no longer than 3 pages):
- Workshop organizers and contact person (names, affiliations, and email addresses)
- Workshop abstract, theme, and topics
- Workshop length (half-day or one-day)
- Target audience
- Workshop relevance to ICHI
- Related workshops (if applicable)
- Workshop administration (program format)
- Program committee
- Participation and selection process
- Organizers’ background
- A tentative call for papers with workshop deadlines (final papers must be ready seven weeks prior to conference for proceeding production),
- If this workshop has been held before, please clearly describe any changes you propose, if any, and also include its history (i.e., the number of submissions, the number of accepted papers, and the number of attendees).
Workshop proposals should be submitted electronically via the EasyChair system at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ichi2014
- Workshop proposal submission deadline: February 10th, 2014 11:59pm EST
- Notification of acceptance: March 11th, 2014 11:59pm EST
- Guanling Chen, University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA
- Giuseppe Pozzi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy